Buy Prints

I'm now accepting all forms of payments for prints.
Check out the online Store!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mira's a chatterbox.

Lately Mira has been really working out her vocal chords. At least once a day she gets into a talkative mood and just sits there and coos at me for like 15 minutes or so, which is a surprisingly long time for a 3-month old to do *anything*.

I love listening to her talk. To me, it's the most adorable thing in the world. I'll mimic her sounds for her. She's making lots of vowel sounds with the occasional "g" or "h" sound interjected.

This morning we were listening to some new music that I got for Mira. It's this great band called Lunch Money. The singer's voice is so happy and the lyrics are totally cute. The songs are all very melodic and enjoyable for me as well as for Mira, not too syrupy if you know what I mean. Anyway, Mira was really liking the music. (I know because she was actually not fussing through tummy time, which never happens.) So I snatched her up and started dancing with her. She loved it... so much that she had her first full-blown giggle while we were dancing. I can't believe the effect that had on me... tears of joy litterally. So now it's like I'm mommying with a new vigor, trying to do everything in my power to get that little giggle out again.

My baby is like crack and I'm a total junkie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

'Lindsey Lite'. Talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk TALK.

Maybe she can be a lawyer too when she get's older :)

Marcy said...

Donovan will sometimes get into these super chatty moods, too, where for a morning it'll be all nananananana and dadadadada etc, and it just melts my heart. I'm trying to catch them on video while I can, before they turn into actual words.

And one of my favorite videos of all time is one where Zach's holding Donovan and dancing around with him (I think D was 3 or 4 months?) and D's just giggling the whole time. SO. FRIGGIN. ADORABLE.