Buy Prints

I'm now accepting all forms of payments for prints.
Check out the online Store!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Tool use

First of all, I haven't been blogging much lately. I'm not sure why, I just haven't felt very bloggy. Well, now Mira's getting to the stage where her development is going to speed up, so probably I'll be on more frequently as I document all her milestones. So here's one for the record:

A couple days ago, I sat Mira down on the floor and gave her some different sizes of tupperware and a wooden spoon to bang on them with.


She got the idea right away. As soon as I banged it with the spoon, she immitated with her hand. But then when I put the spoon in her hand, she had a bit of trouble with it. It was clear that she was trying to use the spoon to bang the tupperware, her hand just had other ideas. It's like her hand was reflexively dropping the spoon. So then she gave up on the spoon and just banged away with her hands.


Well just a couple days later, I gave her the spoon and tupperware dish again. This time I didn't show her anything, I just put them in among her other toys. Not only did she remember what to do with them, but she was using the spoon now. In just two days she was able to gain enough motor control to use the spoon to bang the tupperware. Two days. Incredible.


She's so adorable in that last one...

No comments: