Buy Prints

I'm now accepting all forms of payments for prints.
Check out the online Store!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sleep and duck pond and cuteness.

So it figures that after yesterday's post, last night was completely different.  Mira went to bed early.  She woke up once in the middle of the night, but put herself back to sleep without me having to get out of bed.  And then she woke up at 6:45am, which is only 15 minutes early.  If only every night were that good.  

But there is one bad thing about the baby sleeping 11 hours straight: in the morning I felt like my boobs were going to burst.  I've felt full before, but never like that.  It was painful.  And messy: when she started nursing on one side, they both let down.  Alot.  

I know, I know.  The baby slept 11 hours straight.  If I complain about any aspect of that for too long, I am liable to be dragged out and beaten by every other mother to read this.  So I'm shutting up about it now.

Today Mira and I took a walk to the nearby duck pond.  We were there for like an hour and a half because Mira was enjoying it so much.  We came across a little boy and his dad.  The boy was 2.  He thought Mira was so interesting that he joined us for a bit of our walk.  I had brought a few slices of bread to feed to the ducks.  So we found a nice shady spot where a bunch of ducks were resting and stopped to feed them.  Once the ducks figured out that I had food, I was promptly surrounded.  If they'd gotten violent, it could have been ugly for me.  Luckily, they were just pushy, not vicious.  I offered to let the little boy feed them some, but he knew better.  I wished that I had remembered to bring my camera, but I didn't so I don't have any pictures.  I'll have to go back another time with the camera.  

And now for some completely unrelated cuteness:





1 comment:

Marcy said...

Mira is a champ. She must want lots of brothers and sisters or something, to be such a calm and easy baby. Hopefully she continues sleeping so well for you. I'll set my insane jealousy aside and be relieved for you, as it's so so so nice to have a baby that SLEEPS so you only feel like somewhat of a zombie during the day. ; )

And hopefully it'll only take a few days for your body to "adjust." You can always let a little bit of milk out over the sink to kinda lessen the pressure so it's not as messy when you go to feed her.