Buy Prints

I'm now accepting all forms of payments for prints.
Check out the online Store!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Beach trip 2012

It's getting to be an annual thing.  We've been to the beach 3 summers in a row now and every time is a blast!  It always takes the girls a bit to warm up to the waves, but once they do they love it.  We went to Port Aransas again: the drive is not too far and the waves are nice and calm, so it's good for us even if the beach is not the most beautiful.  We went with my parents, my sister, and her boyfriend.

The view from our balcony.

This is the boardwalk that took us from our hotel to the beach.


They held hands all the way.  Mira wanted to make sure Ellowyn didn't fall off the edge.








Aunt KK and Ellowyn making "drizzle castles".
If they gave awards for "awesome sand play ability" Katelyn would have them all.   

My dad and Brian feeding the seagulls.  They would fly in and take food right out of their hands.
Unfortunately, they would also poop on your head.  

Jumping over the waves.



Hunting for hermit crabs with Grampa.  Grampa is the best hermit crab finder on the beach.


Watching the dolphins at the Texas State Aquarium.


See how Mira's got her arm around Ellowyn, pointing the dolphins out to her?  Has your heart melted yet?




Ellowyn plays a game called "Pile on Grampa".  He is so good with the girls; they are lucky to have a Grampa like him.


The pool was nice too, when the girls got tired of the waves and sand.
A couple of days while we were there, my dad volunteered to stay with the girls while they napped so that Brian and I could go to the beach kid-free.  On those occasions, Brian taught me how to boogie board.  Wow, it was SO MUCH FUN.  I didn't have to worry about whether the girls were drowning and I could go out into the deep water with my husband.  Together.  Alone.  It was wonderful.  And then the boogie boarding: So Fun, you guys.  It was one of the first times that I got to really put my new strength and endurance to use at an enjoyable activity, and let me just tell you... physical activities are so much more fun now.  No pain and more capacity for enjoyment before tiring.  So yeah... boogie boarding with Brian was the highlight of the trip for me.

1 comment:

Donna Kinney said...

Thanks for posting these. Since once a year is NOT enough, next trip in August!