Buy Prints

I'm now accepting all forms of payments for prints.
Check out the online Store!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pregnancy update - 24 weeks

Yesterday I had my 24 week prenatal checkup.  In the past month I have gained 4 pounds, so I'm still 2 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight.  The midwife said that 4 pounds per month is about what she would expect to see from here on out, given that I am toward the end of my second trimester.  At that rate, my total weight gain for this pregnancy will be right around 15 pounds, which would be great.  I'm well on my way to meeting my goal of gaining less than 20 pounds.  So that is good news.

More good news from my checkup: my blood pressure is down about 10 points, in both diastolic and systolic.  So that's really great.  Issues related to blood pressure are my biggest concern when it comes to having a healthy pregnancy and an intervention-free birth, so it's very much a relief to see those lower numbers.

Other than that, not much to say about the checkup, which is good.  We did listen to the baby's heart with the doppler.  It was good and strong at around 140 bpm.  I had Mira along again, and just like last time, she watched interestedly and quietly the whole time.

As for how I'm feeling... pretty good.  Only a few minor things that I can complain about.  I get really tired in the evenings still.  I have also been getting headaches, which I think I've figured out is from not eating enough protein.  I'm supposed to be getting 80g a day of protein, and for me that's just really hard to do.  I don't like really heavy meals, especially not during pregnancy when my reflux tends to act up.  The thing I crave most when pregnant is salad, which has like 2 measly grams of protein or something ridiculously low.    So I've started making myself a fruit smoothie with protein powder every day.  I've also started keeping raw unsalted nuts to snack on.  But it takes a lot of nuts to get to 80g.  Er... yeah.

No comments: