Buy Prints

I'm now accepting all forms of payments for prints.
Check out the online Store!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Potty training update... or lack thereof

Shortly after I posted my last blurb on potty training, Mira decided that she'd had enough.  Every time I would ask her if she wanted to go potty, she would say "no".  And I know better than to force her if she doesn't want to.  So I've decided to back off of the potty training.  Maybe she started getting discouraged or maybe she just got bored by the concept.  I suspect the latter.  Whatever her reasons, I'm happy to let her have them.  I'm not surprised at all.  I would have been stunned if she actually decided to potty train this early.  Maybe we'll try again in another 6 months or so.  Or if she shows renewed interest before that, then I'll take her lead.  Until then, I've left her potty out where she can explore it anytime she wants, but she seems to mostly be ignoring it.

I'm very much of the opinion that children can not be forced to potty train.  It is something that they have complete control over.  Until they decide that it's the right time for them, all a parent can do is provide a supportive environment and an encouraging attitude.  So that's where we stand.

No comments: