Buy Prints

I'm now accepting all forms of payments for prints.
Check out the online Store!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Taking videos with a toddler

You can see that she does everything possible to get into the video.  Other antics include putting her hand in front of the lens and asking repeatedly, "see it?", which means that she's done recording the video and is ready to watch it back.



It's also dismaying that every time I think that Mira's doing something so cute and I should get a video of it, then as soon as I take out the video recorder, she stops whatever cute thing she was doing and fixates on the camera, repeatedly asking "see it?".  So many cute moments go completely undocumented because of this predicament!  I'm sure most kids are that way... does anyone happen to have any advice?  I've tried being sneaky about it, but Mira has eyes like a hawkkkkkk!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Donovan went through that phase, at about that same age, too. He eventually got over it. I still try to hide when I take video of him, more bc I don't want him to feel self-conscious about it.

Does your phone that video? Does she know that? You could try pretending you're looking at something on your phone while taking a video of her. I do that sometimes with Zach's phone, I'm not sure if D's caught on yet or not.

Or, could invest in a pair of these ; ) http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/you-vision-video-glasses/