Buy Prints

I'm now accepting all forms of payments for prints.
Check out the online Store!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Body parts

Mira knows her body parts! (At least some of them.)


I was honestly surprised that she could do this. But a few weeks ago, I noticed that when I said "head" she patted her head. By asking her, I discovered that she also knew her mouth and her belly. Since then, we've been working on expanding her body parts vocabulary. So now she knows head, ears, mouth, arm, belly, foot, and toes. We're still working on eyes and nose. Every time I ask her about one of those, she points to her mouth. Which is close. I wonder if some of the eyes/nose/mouth switch up is actually due to a lack of hand-eye coordination and that she really knows what I'm talking about but just has a hard time getting her finger to point to it on her own face.

No comments: