Buy Prints

I'm now accepting all forms of payments for prints.
Check out the online Store!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas 2010


Since my midwife advised me against travel, we spent Christmas in Austin this year.  I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get to see my extended family in Dallas, but it turned out to be a pretty great holiday anyway.

Christmas Eve, we had my mom, dad and sister over for dinner.  After Mira was asleep, they helped Brian set up her gift from "Santa" (aka Grandma and Grandpa): a new play kitchen, complete with dishes and food!  On Christmas morning, they came back over before Mira woke up and everyone got to see her reaction:


We ate breakfast then finished opening the rest of our gifts.  I got a Fushigi (I call it the "David Bowie Ball", from his trick in "Labyrinth") and some more baby gear that I really needed, including my double stroller.  Brian got some great new shirts and a really nice carry-on luggage piece for when he starts having to travel for his job.  And Mira got some super cute boots from my sister, which she promptly decided were meant for dancing.  But obviously, even super cute boots could not distract her from her awesome kitchen for long:



We spent the afternoon/evening of Christmas day with Brian's family.  Mira got a little pony, a stuffed rabbit, and some sidewalk chalk from her aunts.  And Brian's dad gave us a really great video monitor, which we have loved using to watch Mira go to sleep (we intend to use it to help us determine when she's starting to try to climb out of her crib and when we need to transition to a toddler bed).






A couple days later, my grandparents came in from Dallas and we had a nice visit with them.  They got Mira a baby nursery set, with a swing, a highchair, a crib, and a stroller for her very own baby.  Now Mira can do with her baby all the things that Mommy does with baby Ellowyn.  Here she is "helping" Daddy with the assembly. 


Pushing her baby in the swing.

Feeding her baby.

And best of all, Ellowyn decided to stay put in my belly through the end of the year.  Now that the holidays are over, we're ready to welcome 2011 with a beautiful new addition to our little family.  Any day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm dying of cuteness overload over here!

Kiarda got a pair of boots almost identical to Mira's - only hers are hot pink!